Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Food Product Design by Eric Schlosser

        This story by Eric Schlosser makes me not want to eat anything. When he started listing g the items that are in my favorite processed foods, I could not imagine what sort of things were going into body as I ate that item. I always knew that McDonald’s is a gross place to eat but I did not know they were that bad. Why do they have to put meat flavoring into their French Fries? Is that really necessary? Eric Schlosser has definitely got me thinking about what I should and should not eat from now on. Maybe I should eat fruits and vegetables rather than something that has to have flavor put into it. I want to eat stuff with really natural flavor, not chemically altered natural flavor. Mr. Schlosser has changed my opinion on fast food joints forever. I may think twice from now on when I go out to eat or even when I am cooking my own food in my own kitchen. Eric Schlosser is an expert on food and he knows what he is talking about. I never knew that all of my favorite foods had these chemicals in them. I do not even know how to pronounce half of the names that he listed. I don’t think that I am going to eat fast food nearly as much anymore. 

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you!! It made me so not want to eat any sort of fast food or processed stuff ever again. It completely creeped me out!! I know what you mean when you say "think twice". I am for sure going to try and not go to fast food places as much. I don't think I could eat it without thinking about this article to be honest. He did a great job of convincing his readers other wise about fast food and he definitly left an impression. I'm glad I read this article, I don't want to keep doing that to my body and putting harsh chemicals in it. I totally agree with you on everything! Great blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you after reading this I did not want to go anywhere to eat, I felt the same way I don’t understand why it is necessary to put all those ingredients in one thing. McDonalds to me before this was great but after reading this I don’t think I ever want to go to McDonalds again. Is it really necessary to put beef flavoring in the fry oil. I am definitely going to think twice before I go out to eat again. I agree I am not going to eat fast food for a while. In the end, I like this reading and your blog.

    ReplyDelete