Sunday, October 16, 2011

How to say nothing in 500 words By: Paul Roberts

     This story by Paul Roberts allowed me to obtain new information on how I should write. This story let me gain the knowledge on how to write proactively and not go off subject about what I am writing. I did not really care for the subject since it was about football. He gave me some ideas on how to write about anything and now I can do just that. The story was not boring but it wasn’t a lot of fun either. He got his point across and that is about it. Although I did gain some knowledge, the football topic was getting boring. I could care less about that. Paul Roberts really knows what he is talking about when it comes to proactive ways to write and now I can look back at this story if I get writer’s block or if I have just lost my way. Mr. Roberts wrote about some useful stuff, such as what words to use, what sides to take, and what to say to get your point across. This story will help me with persuasive papers on the long road and I am glad that I have some material that I can go to when I am stuck on a persuasive writing. 

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you I learned a lot from this story I learned how I should write. I gain the same thing from this story it really has helped me with writers block as well. I disagree with you that the story was boring I liked it because I really like football so it was right up my alley. Paul Roberts does know what he is talking about I can tell this by the numerous books he’s produced al pertaining to writing of some kind. This story will also help me with my future persuasive papers I am too glad as well that I have some material for when I get into trouble.
    Stefan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked your blog! I agree with you that it was about a super boring subject of football and I honestly could care less about. It did offer good information though like you said and provided me with some background information I could use when I have writers block. Allow it was helpful it was by far not super intersting. Even if it wasnt about football i think we can both agree it wasnt a facepaced reading. Very slow. So I see exactly what you mean.

    ReplyDelete