Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Once More to the Lake by: E.B. White

                This short story by E.B White is a very subjective story I can see, hear and feel everything the author describes because he goes into such depth with every sentence. I can see the lake as him and his father were there and as him and his son was there. He knows how to describe everything so that his audience can feel the emotions that he is feeling as writes his story. He made me feel the happiness he felt as he pulled up to lake again. He made me want to go to this fantastic lake and do exactly as he did. I could not stop imagining the lake, food, people, and everything else that he described so vividly. There was so much emotion in this story and I could tell that he enjoyed writing every last sentence. Some of his descriptions made think about when I was little and I would go on a vacation to a little country town in Michigan or North Carolina and how these places made me think pretty much the same thing he did as he saw the lake. I would like to do the same thing he is doing with his but with my children sometime in the future. I want them to experience as I have and see what I have seen. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you that E.B white’s short story was very subjective. It was a story told by him so it has to be very subjective. The author did do a good job in conveying a mental picture for the audience. I agree with you he described everything so well that the audience could feel the emotions that he was feeling. I agree I did feel what he felt when he spoke about the lake. I too could not stop imagining the lake and his son going fishing before his father. A lot of his descriptions reminded me of a place I went as a kid as well.
    Stefan Groening

    ReplyDelete