Monday, January 23, 2012

Q.U.B.E

The game Q.U.B.E seems like a pretty interesting game. I believe that this game is just a hint as to what most games will be like in the future. There are so many negative opinions on violent video games that many game developers may be looking to change their bad rep. this game is aiming to challenge that mind rather than drain in it violent shooting or random colorful images. There is a point to this game, the person actually accomplishes something. I, as a puzzle loving person, would thoroughly enjoy this game and I would not mind telling people that I have been playing with blocks all day. The game is simple, yet challenging at the same time. A person must keep their mind active in order to achieve even the slightest bit of anything in this game. Solving puzzles does not get boring, because you’re always attempting a different challenge. The fact that one can use their entire body in this game adds to its appeal. The plugged-in generation can enjoy this game while at the same time enhancing their thinking abilities. Other video games just drown a person, and expose people to violence that should not be accepted. Although I have played Call of Duty, I would rather unlock a challenging puzzle. 

5 comments:

  1. I agree with your entire evaluation of the game Q.U.B.E. I never played very many video games growing up, but when I did I would rather play a game like Tetris than Call of Duty. I also think that I would enjoy the Q.U.B.E. game, and would not be ashamed to admit it if I had been playing with blocks all day. I liked how you thought about the fact that violent video games have been being constantly criticized, and that may have influenced the designing of this new block based game. Nice thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kathleen’s post. This game does look interesting, and it is neat to think that this could be a preview of future video games. It is very true that many games that are available lately are violent. Some parents ban their children from video games because of the violence. This game is one that parents would let their children play and it is a good brain workout because it challenges the mind of the player. I am not into video games at all but I would give this one a try because it is more like a puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you Kathleen this game is a just a glimpse of what’s to come in the future. I personally wouldn’t find this game fun because it’s supposed to be mind games like Sudoku. I don’t think creators of this were thinking about those violent games they were trying to create a fun puzzle game. I don’t find solving puzzles as much as you do but I do love solving math problems. Maybe they should make a math game with some wacky calculus formulas. Also I personly would play Call of Duty then this box game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personally, I would have to disagree. The article says there are different puzzles to do and different ways of accomplishing them but it does not state what you are trying to accomplish it. It does not say what you are trying to do and any possible way of doing it. There is not a clear point to the games, and based on the article I would have no idea what to do. A white room with blocks everywhere might be an interesting game if it was set up to be played in an intriguing matter, but based on the article there is not even information to tell one way or the other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that this game sounds interesting. I am not exactly a puzzle person unlike you but I feel that I would try it out and make a few attempts at it. I do agree with you that using the whole body is a strength of the game but I would have to disagree with your statement about violent video games. I feel that even though the video games can have a negative effect, I feel that every type of video game is a puzzle of some sort. While Call of Duty may expose people to violence, it is still enjoyed by video gamers around the world, including me.

    ReplyDelete