Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Reading 3

This reading was hard to understand because I have never read any of these books, nor have I seen any of the movies. Even though I have not seen the movies or read the books, I understand why the author is angry. When I read a book, the movie that is made for it better represent the book fully. Some mistakes are okay but big ones, come on. According to the author, Erik, many of the characters took on different roles in the film than they had in the books. This can be an unwelcoming surprise when one goes to a movie about their favorite book. Even though Jackson messed up, I am sure he did that best that he could. Characters cannot always represent their book counterpart to a tee. Lord of the Rings is not based on anything that could truly happen, making it difficult to translate into real life script. So many people love these books and movies, I am sure that this movie will be just as successful as the others. Jackson and his co-workers represented the book to the best of their abilities. Mr. Wecks needs to see that not everything in the move can be perfect, especially with a book that is sort of like a fairytale. 

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you this reading about Hobbit was hard to understand because like you I never read any of the books, but I saw all of the movies. So it was hard for me tom compare the books to the movies if I never read the books in the first place. I agree with you that the producer of the movies tried his hardest to make the movies as close to the books as possible. That is not always easy to do. This movie the Hobbit like you said “will be just as successful as all the others”. I agree with you nothing can ever be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you as well. I also have never read any of the books, but I saw the movies a few years back. I do not remember much from the movies but I have seen movies based on books as well go horribly wrong. I am a fan of the Inheritance series and I was excited when I heard they were making a movie for Eragon; however, when I saw the movie I was bitterly disappointed. The characters in it were much different than the books and many important details were left out. Since a movie is only about two hours long versus a maybe five-hundred or so page book (I have no idea how long they actually are since I have never read them) you can't expect them to be able to fill in the details but completely changing a character completely changes not only the character, but the story itself, often in a negative way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sincerely enjoy reading your blog and agree on a couple of things that you pointed out. First point the reading was very traumatizing to understand. Second the author really needs to relax. Because in almost every movie characters are always going to be different them the ones in the book not because the film maker wants to ruin the story ,but for the simple reason of attracting viewers that never read the book come and watch the movie and, therefore make some money out of the film. Movies have always been modified to a large audience not that small percentage that read the book.

    ReplyDelete