Friday, February 24, 2012

Not Against Headphones

Throughout my life, I have always owned a device that required or could use headphones. I have never thought anything of it. Headphones have been controversial but there is really no need for that. Some people just need to escape from their everyday lives and that is how they do it. They put their headphones in and people know that bothering them would not be a good idea. I have always loved having headphones; they allowed me to listen to the music that I wanted to without having any interruptions. One place that I love to use them is when I am walking on campus. Listening to music makes walking on campus so much more interesting. I am pretty sure that other people do not want to listen to my music when they are on campus also, the headphones allow for this privacy. Not everybody listens to their headphones with the volume all the way up. The children that are losing there are losing it because they do not know they safe zone for headphones.  I do not believe that headphones cause an antisocial tendency, that is just ludicrous. Yes, music should be enjoyed by all but sometimes, people just want to be left alone and that makes plenty of sense to me. Without headphones, many people could not enjoy music when they are sitting in a library or lounging in the park. Headphones make it more fun to enjoy your music. 

1 comment:

  1. I disagree with you feel that headphones are harming society. So I would agree with the author of the article. I personally have hearing loss in either both or one of my ears. I always wonder if it was from headphones or just genetic because my father has it as well. This never stops me from using them though they serve a great purpose which is to just drown out other sounds so I can just focus on the music. I do agree with you music just makes everything more interesting, but should stuff that you use harm you?
    stefan groening

    ReplyDelete