Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Age Gap Relationships

In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with age gap relationship ships. People are allowed to love whoever they choose. In fact, my dad married a woman that is over ten years older than him, and I see nothing wrong with that. Now, there are some exceptions. I just couldn’t accept a 90 year old dating a 25 year old. But I still would not judge if that were to happen. Love is love and you cannot do anything about it once it is sprung on someone. But, sometimes age gap relationships can be for money, or that is the stereotype. As long as the relationship is all love and no greed, then it is okay. Now, if my son or daughter came to me and said he or she was dating somebody my age, I would be a little flustered but I wouldn’t just put it down as if it never existed, I would give the relationship a chance. And like the author said, these types of relationships are becoming more popular, I agree with that. I have some friends in the past and even a few now that are dating people that are much older than themselves. I have never judged them for that and I never will. Everyone should be accepted for who they are and who they choose to be. 

1 comment:

  1. -I agree with you I don’t think there is any problem with age gape relationships. Also I agree with a 90 year old with a 25 year is just not right and should never happen. I agree love is love and it should not be messed with, but what if the woman is 25 and is just using the man for his money. Do you think there is something wrong with that? I know I do but if the 90 year I would probably not care much was. I disagree I would not let my child date and older person I would tell them to wait till they are older and can make correct decisions.

    ReplyDelete