Monday, March 26, 2012

College Tuition

This article was pretty interesting because I am attending a university right now. Unfortunately, I am one of the many people that has had to take out loans to help pay for college. I would love to attend a larger university but they are so expensive. Although I love where I am, a more prestigious place would be nice. I do not really think about the debt that I will be in upon graduating from college. I know that when I accept those loans, I am going to have to pay them back in the future. I tell myself that every time I check the box that says I accept the terms and conditions of the loan. But if there is one thing that I would like to ask, why do colleges charge so much? I understand that they have the necessities that have to be paid for, but if 20,000 students are paying upwards of $30,000.00 a year to attend the university, shouldn’t some limitations be made. I do think that college tuition costs need to be monitored, without this; any college can raise its tuition when it wants to. Colleges already raise their prices almost every year, and something needs to be done about this. I believe that monitoring the costs will help dramatically. 

No comments:

Post a Comment