Friday, March 16, 2012

Reading 13

I do not really watch football so this reading pretty much means nothing to me but Tom Brady’s comment was unnecessary. Football should just be football, not trash talking. But the trash talk is unavoidable. I honestly think what he said was stupid and that no attention should be paid to it but that will not happen with today’s journalists running on everything that comes out of a celebrities or athletes mouth. Whatever he meant when he said the comment probably was not meant to get as out of hand as it did. It seems to me that none of the other players really care what Tom Brady had to say. Antel Rolle and Mathias Kiwanuka seemed to feel indifferently towards the subject in their comments. Most of the players just want to play the game; they do not want to get involved in bunch of useless drama. The players have enough to worry about. That is why football should just be the game and not all of the fame.  If fame was taken out of major sports, than fewer accidents like this one would happen. But without the fame not many people would be as interested in the game. 

3 comments:

  1. I do not think Tom Brady, the New England Patriots quarterback was trash talking, I honestly think he was just trying to hype everyone up and was excited for the game. He also has the right to freedom of speech as does everybody else. I feel this comment shouldn’t have been paid any attention to and that the media completely blew it out of proportion. In the end it is about the football game played on Sunday. Professional athletes and celebrities know that what they say and do can be made into something much bigger, so they need to pay close attention to their behavior to avoid this kind of stuff.
    -Alyssa Cantlupe

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I disagree with you I don’t think Tom Brady was trash talking I think he was just trying to motivate his team. I agree what he said should have not been brought up in the media. I personally don’t think what he said was bad. What I find funny if how the Giants did not care that he said it and was more mad at the media for making it a huge deal. I agree with your fame statement. Taking it out of sports will mean the media will less likely care about what Tom is saying.

    ReplyDelete